With the newest version of Linux being released, creating OS X apps has never been easier and with the new Linux programming tools, downloading OS X Lion is a worthwhile download as a powerful developmental tool. The download only takes minutes and will provide a much more user friendly interface.
Some of the key features included with Linux programming for OS X Lion include:
- Interface builder support for auto layout
- Full screen support in project, organizer, and workspace windows
- Customized behaviors that can be assigned to unique key bindings
- Project modernization that can identify out of date build settings and resolve them
- Source control enhancements for management of remote servers
- Assistant editor support
- Additional bug fixes and greater improvements in stability
New Features that OS X Lion has to Offer
More than 250 new features are being enjoyed by users but there are a few that stand out among the rest. While some of them are larger, more known upgrades, some are smaller but offer a lot in return. Here are some of the new and updated features that are being offered:
- Mission Control – This is a practical way to see every application running, as well as all Spaces available. It creates a complete control center for Spaces and provides a great way to work on a small screen like the MacBook has.
- Safari Gesture Navigation – Safari is faster and safer than ever before and new features like navigating forwards and backwards through web history without using a backspace key eliminates the use of pressing unnecessary buttons.
- Group as a Folder – This allows for great timesaving by creating one folder to hold all selections when picked from from the contextual menu.
- Preview – The new interface for this feature is much cleaner and more logical then previous versions. The coolest feature that Preview offers is the ability to import writing on a piece of paper, such as a signature, into a PDF by holding it up to a webcam and letting it take a snapshot.
- Quicktime Video Rotation – With new editing features true full screen implementation, business can still be conducted while a video is playing on the screen. There is also a new upgrade that allows to throw a video that is accidentally shot on an iPhone in the wrong direction. The video can then be flipped around for an easy upload on YouTube.
- Drag and Drop Downloads – This is great for viewing the progress of downloads without having to look away from the browser. With the new upgrade, it is also much easier to drag and drop a file off of the list and into a folder anywhere in the system.
Linux programming combined with OS X Lion has afforded many great upgrades and resources that can be used to create a much more user friendly and efficient work environment or for personal use. Implement the two today and enjoy the many opportunities they have to offer.
Latest posts by Julie Vascos (see all)
- Amazon EC2 is Making Waves with New Partnerships - October 31, 2011
- Amazon EC2 helps to Improve Amazon Elastic Block Store - October 24, 2011
- How the iPhone can use Linux Programming to Improve its Presence - October 19, 2011